The Gallery Coordinator will be part of the team advocating the commercial and artistic success of the Aisha Alabbar Gallery and the diverse activities in the day-to-day operations of the gallery space. He or she should be familiar with contemporary art with a particular interest in artists from the UAE.
1) Correspondence, Sales and Tours
- Maintaining admin email account and forwarding inquires to relevant colleagues
- Updating contact lists from social media to Art Logic
- Updating and maintaining shared Gallery Calendar
- Giving tours of current exhibition to Gallery Visitors
- Selling artworks and gallery merchandise to visitors
2) Social Media, Proposals and Artist Research
- Maintaining the Gallery’s social media accounts (Instagram and Facebook).
- Jointly determining monthly plan, goals and targets with Owner and Gallery Manager, you will be responsible for creating posts, reposting relevant post of the gallery artists as well as online interaction with other institutions and members of the public.
- Preparing proposal of artists suitable for projects as determined by Owner and maintaining artist archive of previous proposals.
- Creating Art Fair proposals with Gallery Team
- Build relationships with English and Arabic press and track all media attention from current exhibitions and of all Gallery Artists
- Cross-promoting Gallery Artist’s multi-disciplinary activities on Social Media
3) Exhibition and Art Fairs
- Preparing Exhibition and/or E-Catalogue, Exhibition Binder, and keeping up to date lists of Available artworks in Art Logic
- Design all exhibition marketing and communication material including, sales document, wall text, flyers, social media posts, etc.
- Support the translation of information into Arabic and English, as necessary
- Attend and Assist at Art Fairs, as required
- Developing 1-2 monthly workshops and a Meetup Critique event with diverse range of artists
- Purchasing supplies and developing relationships with Art Material Suppliers
- Be knowledgeable about art-related workshops and events happening in UAE
- Fluency with Social Media and Design including familiarity with InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop
- Ability to Multi-task and work effectively in a team setting
- An understanding and appreciation of contemporary art
- Bachelor’s degree in art history, art & design, management, business, or marketing.
- 2-3 years experience in a commercial gallery, museum or creative environment.
Conditions of Work
• This is a full-time position based in Al Quoz, Dubai
• Occasional weekend and evening work according to events and programmes is as required.
*Preference will be given to candidates who have previous experience in a commercial gallery. Please send your coverletter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
DEADLINE TO APPLY: July 18, 2021
START DATE: August 15, 2021